Tuesday, June 24, 2008






Its been a busy summer so far. Daven's family came out to visit us at the beginning of June and while they were here Daven blessed Sydney. About a week and a half before they got here I got the infamous "letter" from the bishopric asking me to speak in church on the 8th of June which also happened to be the day we were blessing Sydney. So I got to speak not only to our humongous ward but also Daven's parents, brother, sister, grandparents, and a few friends from other wards (no pressure, eh?). I was determined to get it written before everyone got here because I knew it would take a while and there was no way I would get it done with company here. Luckily I succeeded for the most part and it went fairly well. Phew, glad that's over. For Daven's part the blessing was wonderful and it was nice to have his family in the circle.
While everyone was here we went to the coast, omsi, and the test rose gardens. It was a lot of fun, unfortunately, somehow we ended up with only a few pictures (don't ask me how that happened). The day we went to the coast it was freezing and windy (just our luck) so we only spent a few minutes on the beach. I wrapped Sydney up in a couple of blankets but the second we got out of the car she started crying because of the wind. It's a good thing Mo's restaurant has a nice view of the beach otherwise we wouldn't have gotten to see much of it.

1 comment:

Kelsey Ann said...

Rebecca I was so happy to find your blog. Tyler didn't tell me you had your baby so needless to say I was surprised to see the newest member of your family in your arms. She is beautiful! I think we will be making our next trip to Oregon in August and I will have to stop by to see her. And what a great name too. Lucy and Sydney can be friends!