Last Friday Daven and I went to our first ever rock concert, Cold Play. It was awesome!!! We even ended up getting better seats because one of Daven's friends from work was going and he knew someone in the music industry who had extra tickets, anyway long story short, we were like 11 rows from the front and it was awesome! Chris Martin is an amazing singer and a great performer. He must be in really great shape because he danced and ran around the stage every song and still had enough breath to sing wonderfully. How does he do that? It was an amazing night, I was just a little tired afterward. It being a rock concert I figured there would be a lot of standing, but I wasn't prepared to stand the entire time. I guess getting "seats" just means you get a reserved standing spot. Regardless, it was still awesome.
So then a few weeks later the same people that babysat for us wanted to go to a concert, so we ended up watching their kids. We watched them at their house and laid all the kids down to bed and then realized that when they got home, all the kids would be asleep and we could go see a late showing of Harry Potter! As anyone with kids knows, it gets harder and harder to go on dates when you have to find a babysitter and you have no family around. So we seized the moment, even though we were both a little tired, and went to an 11:50 showing on Saturday night. I was surprised that there weren't very many people there. It was the first weekend that it was open, so I thought there would be tons of people. I guess most of the fans probably went the day it came out. If not for the previously stated difficulty in getting out and the fact that it was an incredibly busy week at work for Daven, we would have gone on opening night too. Anyway, the movie was great. It followed the book really well and was not disappointing. I even had to start reading the 7th book again to finish it off (I couldn't remember who the heck R.A.B. was).
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Concerts and Movies
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment