She's finally here! Sydney Kay Septon was born on Wednesday March 26 at 12:08pm. She weighed 5 lbs 14 oz (5 oz more than Leah) and was 18 1/2 inches long.
We went to the hospital at midnight on Tuesday (Wed) and they checked us in and were going to give me something to get my body a little more ready for delivery, but with how quickly I went into labor on my own when they did that with Leah, I was afraid I might have the baby before our doctor came on duty in the morning so we waited until 3 am to do that. Then we slept a little more and they gave me the pitocin at about 7 am, broke my water at 8:30 and we had Sydney around 12. Everything went well except for the fact that my first epidural only worked on half of my body, so while one side of me was blessedly numb, the other side felt every contraction. The anesthesiologist tried to fix it by pulling out the catheter a bit, but that didn't do a thing, so by the time he redid the epidural the nurse was calling my doctor because I was ready to deliver.
Anyway, everyone is doing well and we are so happy to have little Sydney with us. She is an alert and calm baby and likes to just look around, although I discovered today that she does not like baths. Leah has done a pretty good job adjusting. She has been a little more moody and will throw more tantrums, but she likes to watch Sydney and give her kisses, so I'd say she is handling things pretty well. It also helps to have Gramy here to help out while Daven is at work :)
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Sydney Kay is Born
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
oh she is so sweet. I wish I could come see her again. I have a cold now though so I will have to wait a while. I am glad to hear things are going so well!
She is so adorable, and I can't wait to meet her! Hope you all are doing well!
Post a Comment